Last night I had my girlfriends over for a nice relaxing dinner. It’s always so much fun each month we meet. I wanted to make a side that was delicious and healthy, considering 4 of us now are engaged and getting married soon 🙂 I omitted the tomato because I knew a few girls, including myself, aren’t big tomato fans. This salad was light and flavorful and the girls really seemed to like it. Perfect for a nice spring dinner outside.
Roasted Edamame Salad
* 12 ounces fresh or frozen shelled edamame, about 2 cups
* 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels, about 2 ears of corn
* 1/4 cup finely diced scallion
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the edamame, corn, scallion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a 13 by 9 metal pan and stir to combine. Place on the middle rack of the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, just until the edamame begins to brown. Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator until completely cool, approximately 30 minutes.
Add the tomato, basil and vinegar to the edamame mixture and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning, as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Courtsey of FoodNetwork.com